Admin Coordinator/Clerk (Winter 2014) - McMurdo
|Title:||Admin Coordinator/Clerk (Winter 2014) - McMurdo|
DescriptionPOSITION: Administrative Coordinator/Kitchen Clerk
SEASON(S): Austral Winter
LOCATION: McMurdo Station, Antarctica
SECTOR/DEPT: GSC Antarctica
Currently seeking an Administrative Coordinator/Kitchen Clerk - Responsible for administrative support to McMurdo Food Services. Perform administrative assistant functions; maintain departmental files and correspondence, departmental POC for Personnel and Document control; handle confidential materials.Responsible for receipt, storage, organization, inventory and issue of food and supplies to customers. Provide optimum customer service. Responsible for safety in food storage areas. Acquire and maintain a thorough and current knowledge of applicable ASC& GSC policies and procedures. Tasking is approximately 60% administrative and 40% kitchen clerk duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interface with personnel from the National Science Foundation, Grantees, ASC & GSC employees, subcontractors, and other USAP participants by telephone and in person, in a professional and tactful manner.
- Responsible for providing general administrative support to Headquarters staff, Area Management and Operations Division personnel as required.
- Assist in preparation of SOP/QA documentation, timecards and other reports as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining the Safety database for Food Services.
- Function as the personnel point of contact (POC) for Food Services. Interacts with other divisions on personnel matters in an accurate, helpful, and timely manner.
- Maintain Food Service’s Personnel Roster and assist in the hiring and orientation process as requested. Follow up on personnel hired.
- Coordinate paperwork for Food Services from all departments. Provide advice, information, and training to employees as required.
- Collects, files and distributes Departmental incoming and outgoing correspondence, routing the same to internal/other division/branch personnel for action as appropriate.
- Document point of contact for Food Services. Maintains and controls files and manuals for policies/procedures and reports.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace program and ensuring that safety is the highest priority on the job site.
- Assist with operations, including helping Cooks and Stewards.
- Able to work for up to 12 hours daily
- Able to lift a variety of weights from the floor to a table or cart in a safe manner.
- Provide superior customer service to supported department. Communicate effectively with the customers and department management. Notify Food Service Supervisor of customer desires and complaints.
- Accomplish assigned tasking directed verbally or per task list.
- Receive and store all incoming food and materials for the supported kitchen.
- Maintain kitchen storage areas and deliver dock in a clean and organized manner.
- Fill Party Food Requests and 24-hr Work Center Food Requests, track usage.
- Work with Management for costing food supplies issued outside the kitchen
- Properly and accurately document issues and returns of supplies.
- Communicate and coordinate with Food Service Supervisor, Executive Chef and/or Culinary Manager for utilization of product and timely usage of fresh produce.
- Manage the offload and storage, monitor usage and communicate needs to Food Service Supervisor, Executive Chef and/or Culinary Manager
- Rotate all stock according to the ‘FIFO’ method of stock rotation.
- Conduct inventories and audits of supplies.
- Coordinate all tracking of weekly deliveries and assist in preparation of required weekly reports.
- Coordinate with Food Service Supervisor to develop recommended task list for following season.
- Prepare identified supplies and cargo for retrograde shipment.
- Responsible for the correct storage and special handling of all cargo upon receipt.
- Be familiar with hazardous cargo and hazardous waste regulations and shipping requirements.
- Be familiar with vessel offload procedures and distribution procedures of materials.
- Display leadership abilities, good communication and organizational skills.
- Be able to work indoors or outdoors in all weather conditions for extended periods.
- Able to work in a team composed of diverse personalities and develop a cohesive team.
- Able to maintain flexibility and a positive attitude in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Adequately and honestly tracks all data related to metrics.
- Perform duties in support of Operations Division metrics.
- Comply with all ASC Environmental Health & Safety, and Quality Assurance, requirements and goals and ensure all subordinate employees are trained and understand the aforementioned.
- Able to stand for up to 12 hours daily.
- Able to lift a variety of weights from the floor to a table or cart or overhead in a safe manner.
- Perform other duties as required.
CERTIFICATION AND/OR LICENSING REQUIREMENTS: Certificate of completion of Microsoft Office software training, to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint is preferred.
OTHER: US citizenship required.
EXPERIENCE: Three to five years of office management career experience. Proficiency in the Microsoft Office software suite is requested. One to three years of experience in materials handling, to include: inventory, issuing, receiving, stocking, and warehousing materials. Experience with the specific commodity field and the capability to identify the commodities and the supporting pieces and parts is desired. Previous work in a customer service environment is strongly desirable. Basic computer skills with word-processing, spreadsheets and databases are desired. Experience with remote site logistics is desirable. Management will evaluate an individual’s experience and may hire a person with either more or less experience than listed above, based on the overall needs of the position and the applicability of an individual’s experience.
Gana-A’Yoo Services Corporation (GSC) an Alaska Native Corporation has offered outstanding Janitorial and Food Services for over 10 years. GSC has an exceptional record for providing food and janitorial services with ongoing contracts in many facilities types, such as, military training facilities, emergency management centers and temporary and field sites. Utilizing state of the art environmentally friendly cleaning products we create healthier surroundings, promote productivity, reduce costs, and increase safety of buildings. Our Food Services are committed to customer satisfaction and thorough quality control processes resulting in successful competitions for quality of service awards including the U.S. Air Force “Best Dining Facility” in Air Combat Command and runner up to the Ney award for best dining facility in the Navy.
GSC in partnership with ESS Support Services, a Division of Compass Group, will provide operational management support. ESS Support Services is the market leader in providing remote camp and catering services to clients, wherever their location, no matter how extreme the environment may be. Services extend across North America and include such diverse facilities as drilling, mining, construction, pipeline and logging camps, offshore, governmental agencies and others. Payroll and benefits supported by Compass Group
Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. EOE & AA Employer M/F/D/V.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications